Monday, September 20, 2010

Amish Sugar Cookies

Amish Sugar Cookies

Preheat oven to 350°.

1c. sugar
1c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. oil

Combine all these very well.

Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla, beat well.

Combine 4 1/2 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. cream of tarter and add to sugar/egg mixture.  Stir until well combined.
(At this point you can chill for several hours.  I do this if the dough seems too soft.)


Drop small balls of dough onto greased cookie sheets.  (I used just parchment paper.  No extra fat that way.)  Flatten each ball with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.  (I dip  my fork into sugar between cookies to keep it from sticking.  And I use colored sugar for sprinkling.)


Bake for 10-12 mins, just until the edges are starting to get golden.  Cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment